The Pocatello/Chubbuck area has a vibrant restaurant scene, with plenty of local eateries to satisfy any palette. Whether you’re in the mood for a quick bite at a fast food joint, a taste of ethnic cuisine from a faraway land or a trip to a casual restaurant with the family, the Gate City area has plenty to places to choose from. Here’s a sampling of some of Pocatello’s top places to eat, drink and be merry.
With the economy in Pocatello and Chubbuck booming in recent years, numerous coffee shops have opened to provide the area’s workforce with plenty of options to get their morning cup of joe. The area boasts the nationally known Starbucks, but there’s also plenty of small, independently owned coffee shops throughout town, each with its own unique flavor, atmosphere and menu.
- Beans and Brews, 1319 Bench Road, Suite A, Pocatello, 208-238-8828
- A Different Cup, 928 N. Main Street, Pocatello, 760-310-4844
- Bru House, 502 N. Main Street, Pocatello
- DoubleShot, 215 E. Cedar, Pocatello, 208-317-2979
- Java Express, 675 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-529-4552
- Leapknot Coffee Roasters, 6065 W. Buckskin Road, Pocatello, 432-352-3310
- Mocha Madness, 546 South 5th Avenue, Pocatello, 208-233-2380
- Starbucks Coffee. 150 Bullock, Chubbuck, 208-237-1653
There’s no shortage of restaurants offering American cuisine in the Pocatello/Chubbuck area. Whether you want a steak at Texas Roadhouse, seafood at Red Lobster, or if you want to watch the game over some wings and a beer at Buffalo Wild Wings, the Gate City area has you covered.
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 4200 Pole Line Road, Pocatello, 208-238-5708
- MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub, 4150 Pole Lind Road, Pocatello, 208-904-0700
- Noodles and Company, 4013 Yellowstone Avenue, Chubbuck, 208-237-9070
- Red Lobster, 4105 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-238-7700
- The Red Poppy Cafe, 150 S. Main Street, Suite A, Pocatello, 208-233-1721
- Ruby Tuesday, 2365 Via Caporatti, Pocatello, 208-233-1721
- Sandbaggers Bar and Grill, 296 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-232-9595
- The Sand Trap, 2720 Bannock Highway, Pocatello, 208-232-9850
- Texas Roadhouse, 560 Bullock Street, Pocatello, 208-238-7427
With a wide variety of fast food restaurants, you’ll have plenty of places to choose from when you’re looking for a quick bite. There’s multiple McDonald’s, Subway and Burger King locations, and the food runs the gamut from chicken at the newly opened Popeyes, West-Mex-style flavors at Taco John’s, and hot submarine sandwiches at Firehouse Subs.
- Burger King, 1315 Bench Road, Pocatello, 208-637-8287
- Burger King, 1440 North Main Street, Pocatello, 208-478-0251
- Firehouse Subs, 231 West Quinn, Pocatello, 208-238-6333
- McDonald’s, 831 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-709-1800
- McDonald’s, 4260 Yellowstone Avenue, Chubbuck, 208-237-2088
- McDonald’s, 1011 South 5th Avenue, Pocatello, 208-232-8268
- Popeyes Louisiana Chicken, 4023 Yellowstone Avenue, Chubbuck, 208-904-1362
- Subway, 4544 Yellowstone Avenue, Chubbuck, 208-237-5554
- Subway, 1301 South 5th Avenue, Pocatello, 208-236-1622
- Subway, 690 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-234-0559
- Subway, 114 South 5th Avenue, Pocatello, 208-241-9789
- Taco John’s, 4050 Yellowstone Avenue, Chubbuck, 208-238-2126
- Wendy’s, 929 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-233-8383
- Wendy’s, 4519 Yellowstone Avenue, Chubbuck, 208-656-0875
If you’re looking for a fine dining experience, check out the prime rib or halibut crunch at the Sandpiper or the innovative dishes at The Bridge.
- The Bridge, 813 South 1st Avenue W, Pocatello, 208-234-4000
- Sandpiper, 1400 Bench Road, Pocatello, 208-233-1000
It’s hard to believe that Cafe Tuscano, which features some of the finest Italian cuisine in East Idaho, is located in a gas station. For traditional Italian cuisine, check out Buddy’s Italian Restaurant, which has become an icon in Pocatello. Or, if you’re just looking for a quick pizza delivery, give Domino’s a call.
- Buddy’s Italian Restaurant, 626 East Lewis Street, Pocatello, 208-233-1172
- Cafe Tuscano, 2227 East Center Street, Pocatello, 208-233-7702
- Domino’s, 110 Kinudsen Boulevard, Chubbuck, 208-251-4332
- Domino’s, 275 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-232-4332
In many ways, Pocatello is a haven for Mexican cuisine. Costa Vida’s fresh dishes will take you to the Pacific Coast, and El Caporal and Señor Iguana’s offers some of the best Mexican cuisine in Southeast Idaho. Mama Inez has been voted the “Best Mexican Restaurant” in Pocatello since 1995.
- Costa Vida, 231 West Quinn Road, #A, Pocatello, 208-237-5555
- El Caporal, 612 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-232-5948
- Mama Inez, 390 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-234-7674
- Senor Iguana’s, 961 Hilline Road, Pocatello, 208-233-4422
When it comes to Asian-inspired cuisine, the Gate City has you covered. For a classic hibachi menu, check out the recently opened Fuji Japanese Steakhouse. Thai Zap offers classic Thai cuisine, and Filipino Cuisine serves just that, food from Pearl of the Orient Sea. Sumisu Sushi and Asian Fusion was recently listed as one of the Top 10 restaurants in the state.
- Filipino Cuisine, 465 Yellowstone Avenue, Suite A, Pocatello, 208-232-5948
- Fuji Japanese Steakhouse, 150 Bullock Street, Suite 8, Chubbuck, 208-238-5920
- Sumisu Sushi and Asian Fusion, 309 East Center Street, Pocatello, 208-232-5610
- Thai Zap, 1570 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-847-5986
Ice Cream and Yogurt
Have a sweet tooth? Make sure to check out Arctic Circle’s ice cream, shakes and malts, or Kiwi Loco’s frozen yogurt served your way.
- Arctic Circle, Inc., 198 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-232-0523
- Kiwi Loco, 1595 Yellowstone Avenue, Suite B, Pocatello, 208-237-5494
Bakery, Breakfast and Brunch
For phenomenal breakfast and brunch menus, be sure to check out ButterBurr’s, Perkins or Oliver’s Restaurant. Each has a wide variety of homestyle meals. Make sure to indulge with Perkins’ delicious pies and Butterburr’s iconic “Twists,” which are made fresh all day long. To take home some freshly baked bread or delicious soup, check out Panera Bread.
- ButterBurr’s, 917 Yellowstone Avenue, Pocatello, 208-232-3296
- Perkins Family Restaurant and Bakery, 1600 Pocatello Creek Road, Pocatello, 208-233-0006
- Olivers, 130 South 5th Avenue, Pocatello, 208-234-0672
- Panera Bread, 4031 Pole Line Road, Pocatello, 208-776-4030
Bars and Pubs
Looking to kick back with a couple of brews? Try one of the Portneuf Valley Brewing’s multiple beers that are made in-house. Or head over to the recently remodeled Clydesdale to shoot some pool, while Pub New harmony has karaoke on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Wanna dance? Center Street Clubhouse has you covered.
- The Clydesdale, 655 North 5th Avenue, Pocatello, 208-233-1841
- Center Street Clubhouse, 542 East Center Street, Pocatello, 208-232-9654
- Portneuf Valley Brewing, 615 South 1st Avenue, Pocatello, 208-232-1644
- Pub New Harmony, 134 Warren Street, Pocatello, 208-233-2943